Definition of Jade green
1. Noun. A light green color varying from bluish green to yellowish green.
Jade Green Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jade Green Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jade Green
jade green (current term)
Literary usage of Jade green
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Romance of Old Japan by Elizabeth Williams Champney, Frère Champney (1917)
"After long and fruitless questing, Urashima, melancholy, Drew, from out the jade-green water, a great tortoise suddenly! But the tortoise is a symbol of ..."
2. Can Grande's Castle by Amy Lowell (1918)
"Thirteen ships flying the tricolore, and riding at ease in a patch of blue water inside a jade-green hem. What of them ? Ah, fine ships! ..."
3. Three Old Maids in Hawaii by Ellen Blackmar Maxwell (1896)
"Three Old Maids in Hawaii. on the black rocks; that next to the jade-green water is cobalt-blue water; that they are in harmony, and there is no apparent ..."
4. The Human Side of Retail Selling: A Textbook for Salespeople in Retail by Ruth Leigh (1921)
""We have beautiful jade- green hats in our millinery department to go with this suit," you may assure your customer who is considering a suit trimmed with ..."
5. Landscapes of Corsica: A Countryside Guide by Noel Rochford (2002)
"Rounding a corner, the gorge opens up, and the jade-green Lac de Tolla* (a reservoir) fills the valley floor. What a view! A collar of pink rock, ..."
6. A Text-book of Mineralogy: With an Extended Treatise on Crystallography and by Edward Salisbury Dana, William Ebenezer Ford (1922)
"... Malachite; Dioptase; Atacamite; and many other copper compounds; Spodumene (hiddenite); Pyroxene (rare); Gahnite; Jadeite and Jade. Green. ..."