Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Izvestia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Izvestia
izvestia (current term)
Literary usage of Izvestia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Balance Sheet of Sovietism by Boris Brasol (1922)
"("izvestia" of the Central Executive Committee, No. 69, 1919.) Still the conciliatory tone of Lenin's admission in reality meant nothing. ..."
2. "The Greatest Failure in All History": A Critical Examination of the Actual by John Spargo (1920)
"On July 27, 1918, izvestia published the information that the press department would grant permits for periodical publications, provided they accepted the ..."
3. Sovietism: The ABC of Russian Bolshevism--according to the Bolshevists by William English Walling (1920)
"In the Province of Moscow, including many suburbs and a total of more than a million inhabitants, the party had less than 3000 members ("izvestia," February ..."
4. Russian Defense Business Directory: St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblastedited by Franklin J. Carvalho edited by Franklin J. Carvalho (1998)
"A weekly 8-page newspaper that accompanies the Russian newspaper, izvestia. it features Russian and international business and economic news and is ..."
5. The 2nd Congress of the Communist International as Reported and Interpreted by United States Dept. of State (1920)
"[izvestia, June 22. 1920.] The Third All-Russian Congress of Chinese workmen living in Russia and Turkestan was opened on the 18th of June. ..."
6. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1896)
"... is best seen on the map of this region which is given in the last number of the izvestia of the Russian Geographical Society (1895, fascicule 5). ..."