Definition of Interstitial pneumonia
1. Noun. Chronic lung disease affecting the interstitial tissue of the lungs.
Medical Definition of Interstitial pneumonia
Interstitial Pneumonia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Interstitial Pneumonia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Interstitial Pneumonia
Literary usage of Interstitial pneumonia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Principles and Practice of Medicine: Designed for the Use of by William Osler, Thomas McCrae (1916)
"П. CHRONIC interstitial pneumonia (Cirrhosis of the Lung—Fibroid Phthisis) A fibroid change may have its starting point in the tissue about the bronchi and ..."
2. Microscopical Morphology of the Animal Body in Health and Disease by Carl Heitzmann (1882)
"... which exhibit features of an endogenous new formation of pus-corpuscles. A third variety is the plastic interstitial pneumonia, which is confined to ..."
3. A Text-book of the Practice of Medicine by James Meschter Anders (1915)
"Examples of localized interstitial pneumonia are seen in connection with pulmonary ... Diffuse interstitial pneumonia has a variety of causes : (a) It may ..."
4. The Journal of Experimental Medicine by Rockefeller University, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1920)
"... that the occurrence of interstitial pneumonia or lobular pneumonia or combinations of the two types depends upon the resistance offered to the infection ..."
5. Special pathology and therapeutics of the diseases of domestic animals v. 2 by Ferenc Hutyra (1913)
"Chronic interstitial pneumonia. Pneumonia interstitialis chronica. ... Chronic interstitial pneumonia occurs very r°1y in horses and cattle as a primary ..."