Definition of Interstate commerce commission
1. Noun. A former independent federal agency that supervised and set rates for carriers that transported goods and people between states; was terminated in 1995. "The ICC was established in 1887 as the first federal agency"
Interstate Commerce Commission Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Interstate Commerce Commission Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Interstate Commerce Commission
Literary usage of Interstate commerce commission
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1922)
"... ал action to enforce an order by the interstate commerce commission, requiring the carrier to repay to the shipper excessive charges collected before ..."
2. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North, William M. Schuyler (1918)
"Believing that the car-service powers conferred upon the Interstate Commerce Commission would not be sufficient entirely to overcome the difficulties ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"By this act also the interstate commerce commission was authorized to require the ... The interstate commerce commission has nothing to do with the ..."
4. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1910)
"... called In the act the "interstate commerce commission," and It gives carriers engaged In such commerce right to fix rates in the first Instance, ..."
5. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1911)
"interstate commerce commission, 310 2. An order of the Interstate Commerce ... V. interstate commerce commission, 310 3. Authority to require the secretary ..."
6. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1919)
"In interstate commerce commission v. Western New York & PR Co. ... 192, it was held, in a proceeding brought by the interstate commerce commission in the ..."