Definition of Interparietal suture
1. Noun. The suture uniting the two parietal bones.
Group relationships: Braincase, Brainpan, Cranium
Generic synonyms: Fibrous Joint, Sutura, Suture
Medical Definition of Interparietal suture
1. Line of union between the two parietal bones. Synonym: sutura sagittalis, interparietal suture, sutura interparietalis. (05 Mar 2000)
Interparietal Suture Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Interparietal Suture Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Interparietal Suture
Literary usage of Interparietal suture
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Herpetology of Japan and Adjacent Territory by Leonhard Hess Stejneger (1907)
"... head nearly uniform above, with a pale black-edged oval spot on the posterior end of the interparietal suture and the scale immediately behind; ..."
2. Atlas of legal medicineby Eduard Hofmann by Eduard Hofmann (1898)
"... at the middle of the interparietal suture, ... and the interparietal suture; hut at the same time we mnst remark the ..."
3. The Physiological Anatomy and Physiology of Man by Robert Bentley Todd, William Bowman (1857)
"... as in the interparietal suture of the human skull; sutura serrata, when the indentations and processes are small and fine like the teeth of a saw, ..."
4. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1901)
"Dentata, having tooth-like processes. As in interparietal suture. Serrata, having serrated edges like the teeth of a saw. ..."
5. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by Philadelphia Neurological Society, American Neurological Association, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association (1903)
"There is marked asymmetry, the interparietal suture being displaced to the right. Fissures for vessels are ..."