Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Interfertility Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Interfertility
Literary usage of Interfertility
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Mechanism of Evolution in Leptinotarsa by William Lawrence Tower, Joseph Kumler Breitenbecher (1918)
"A point of interest arises in this connection, namely, the increased interfertility between these extracted F2 stocks and the parent strains. ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1895)
"... might have resulted in the differentiation of species not interfertile with one another ; but with mankind interfertility was preserved. ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1895)
"... but with mankind interfertility was preserved. Man was endowed with superior intellect. He had outrun the lower animals in the race of culture and began ..."
4. The American Japanese Problem: A Study of the Racial Relations of the East by Sidney Lewis Gulick (1914)
"This wide interfertility speaks powerfully for the biological unity of the human race. The objection, then, to intermarriage is not to be based on the ..."
5. Heredity and Eugenics: A Course of Lectures Summarizing Recent Advances in by William Ernest Castle (1912)
"Man's potential races are not realized just because of the universal interfertility of the different races and because of the mobility of man's habitat. ..."
6. Determinate Evolution in the Color-pattern of the Lady-beetles by Roswell Hill Johnson (1910)
"When some considerable imperfection of the interfertility of the apparent variety and the typical species is found or some other cause makes their ..."
7. An Outline of Philosophy: With Notes, Historical and Critical by John Watson (1898)
"... and Romanes insists upon the new factor of segregation of varieties within the limits of interfertility. Natural evolution, in its widest sense, ..."