Definition of Intercropped
1. intercrop [v] - See also: intercrop
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Intercropped Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Intercropped
Literary usage of Intercropped
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Agricultural Intensification by Smallholders in the Western Brazilian Amazon by Stephen A. Vosti, Julie Witcover, Chantal Line Carpentier (2002)
"... Figure 4.2 Yields for intercropped annual crops, using Vi technology Kilograms/hectare 800 600 400 200 0 1 2 3 Number ofyears after ..."
2. Land, Trees, and Women: Evolution of Land Tenure Institutions in Western by Ma Agnes R Quisumbing (2001)
"Cocoa fields are classified into mature cocoa fields from which cocoa can be harvested and young cocoa fields intercropped with food crops. ..."
3. Rehabilitation of Degraded Forests to Improve Livelihoods of Poor Farmers in by Liu Dachang (2003)
"Many types of agroforestry have been practised, including a taungya system in which Chinese fir was intercropped with food crops for the first three years ..."
4. Indigenous Knowledge and Its Uses in SA by Hans Normann, Ina Snyman (1996)
"Yield reduction in beans has been observed when the legume was intercropped with maize; up to 20% reduction occurred in beans intercropped with tall maize ..."
5. The Geometric Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations and Algebraic Functions by Georges Valiron (1984)
"... farmers both intercropped their coffee stands and neglected to prune their coffee because of the low prices. With coffee prices even lower in 1992 ..."
6. Adoption of Hybrid Maize in Zambia: Effects on Gender Roles, Food by Shubh K. Kumar (1994)
"Nearly twice as much of the local maize area was intercropped as in sole stands. As one would expect, more of the hybrid maize was in sole stands, ..."
7. Investment and Input Requirements for Accelerating Food Production in Low by Peter Oram (1979)
"Examples are, reduced corn borer damage when maize is intercropped with groundnuts in the Philippines and reduced rosette damage on groundnuts intercropped ..."