2. Noun. (computing) A program that installs software and prepares it for use. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Installer
1. one that installs [n -S] - See also: installs
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Installer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Installer
Literary usage of Installer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. French Life: A Cultural Reader for the First Year by Philip Schuyler Allen, Franck Louis Schoell (1915)
"... pp of installer. installée, fem. of installé. installer, tr., to install, arrange; s'installer, to take one's place, settle down. un instant, instant, ..."
2. Cathedralia: A Constitutional History of Cathedrals of the Western Church by Mackenzie Edward Charles Walcott (1865)
"The installer and canons then received the canon at the door of the vestry, vested in his habit, and led him into the choir and placed him in his stall, ..."
3. The Electrical Engineer (1888)
"Or it may lie that the installer himself has made a trifling error, as installers even will do ... It is not this and it is not that—at least, the installer ..."
4. The Backup Book: Disaster Recovery from Desktop to Data Center by Dorian J. Cougias, E. L. Heiberger, Karsten Koop (2003)
"First, point that accusing finger at your cable installer. ... For one of my clients, an installer promised that AT&T would actually come out and "certify" ..."