Definition of Inspection and repair
1. Noun. Periodic maintenance on a car or machine. "It was time for an overhaul on the tractor"
Generic synonyms: Care, Maintenance, Upkeep
Specialized synonyms: Interim Overhaul
Derivative terms: Overhaul, Service
Inspection And Repair Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Inspection And Repair Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Inspection And Repair
Literary usage of Inspection and repair
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Armature Winding and Motor Repair: Practical Information and Data Covering by Daniel Harvey Braymer (1920)
"In the accompanying pages there are presented suggestions for the repairman in the inspection and repair of motors and generators prepared by HS Rich, ..."
2. A Treatise on the Law of Negligence by Thomas Gaskell Shearman, Amasa Angell Redfield, Robert Gould Street (1913)
"Duty of inspection and repair. — A gas company is liable for injuries caused by gas escaping from a defective pipe, meter or other apparatus, ..."
3. A Treatise on the Law of Carriers of Passengers by Norman Fetter (1897)
"SAME—inspection and repair. A railroad company is not absolutely bound to know whether its tracks are in fit condition for safe passage. but it must do all ..."
4. Voyage of His Majesty's Ship Alceste, to China, Corea, and the Island of by John McLeod (1820)
"... and for various stores wanting inspection and repair. The rope- makers, smiths, and other artificers, were established at a convenient spot, ..."