Definition of Information processing
1. Noun. The sciences concerned with gathering, manipulating, storing, retrieving, and classifying recorded information.
Generic synonyms: Science, Scientific Discipline
Terms within: Computer Science, Computing
Specialized synonyms: Human Language Technology, Natural Language Processing, Nlp, Cybernetics
Examples of category: Queue
Information Processing Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Information Processing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Information Processing
Literary usage of Information processing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sales of Sensitive Military Property to the Publicby Gregory D. Kutz by Gregory D. Kutz (2008)
"Codes are identified as "census codes" only if there is also a Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) code for the same geographic entity. ..."
2. The Medical Implications of Nuclear War by Fredric Solomon (1986)
"In a previous study the author employed information processing as a framework for this ... A familiar depiction of information processing identifies three ..."
3. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"The center emphasizes modeling, empirical and experimental issues, particularly modeling of new hardware systems used to control information processing ..."
4. Urban Change and Poverty by Michael G. H. McGeary, Laurence E. Lynn (1988)
"For the other three northern cities—Philadelphia, Baltimore, and St. Louis—job increases in their predominantly information-processing industries were ..."