Definition of Inflammatory bowel disease
1. Noun. Inflammation of the colon.
Specialized synonyms: Crohn's Disease, Regional Enteritis, Regional Ileitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Mucous Colitis, Spastic Colon, Ulcerative Colitis
Generic synonyms: Inflammation, Redness, Rubor
Medical Definition of Inflammatory bowel disease
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Inflammatory Bowel Disease Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Literary usage of Inflammatory bowel disease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Guidelines for the Evaluation of Virtual Terminal Implementations by Carol A. Edgar (1993)
"Patients with inflammatory bowel disease Surveillance for colorectal cancer in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) aims primarily to detect ..."
2. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"Serial assessments of respiratory function were made in 44 patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Pulmonary function tests were performed at the initial ..."
3. Digestive Diseases of the U. S.: Epidemiology and Impact edited by James E. Everhart (1994)
"A case-control study of smoking in inflammatory bowel disease compared to the irritable bowel syndrome. Clin Res 1984;32:223A. 217. ..."
4. Ending the War Metaphor: The Changing Agenda for Unraveling the Host-Microbe by Forum on Microbial Threats, Institute of Medicine (U.S.) (2006)
"Microbial influences in inflammatory bowel disease: Role in ... Mucosal flora in inflammatory bowel disease. ..."
5. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"Patients with psoriasis must be referred to a dermatologist for care of the skin problem, and patients with an inflammatory bowel disease should have ..."
6. Clinician's Handbook of Preventive Services: Put Prevention Into Practice by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"Individuals with inflammatory bowel disease are at exceptionally high risk and require individualized treatment. Patients under the age of 55 years with a ..."