Definition of Industrial management
1. Noun. The branch of engineering that deals with the creation and management of systems that integrate people and materials and energy in productive ways.
Generic synonyms: Applied Science, Engineering, Engineering Science, Technology
Industrial Management Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Industrial Management Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Industrial Management
Literary usage of Industrial management
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1915)
"Scientific management—Continued Is there a test for management? HF Porter and CD Murphy, il System 28:288-95 S '15 Literature of industrial management. ..."
2. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North, William M. Schuyler (1913)
"Perhaps the most interesting of all presentations of this side of industrial management, in the books of the year, is William C. ..."
3. Bibliography of Industrial Efficiency and Factory Management (books by Harry George Turner Cannons (1920)
"Engineering and industrial management, February 27, 1919. XXVII. ... Engineering and industrial management, March 3, 20; April3, 24, 1919. XXXII. ..."
4. Factory Organization and Administration by Hugo Diemer (1921)
"Taylor's Definition of the Methods of industrial management. ... Report of Committee on Present State of industrial management: No., ..."
5. Scientific Management: A Collection of the More Significant Articles edited by Clarence Bertrand Thompson (1914)
"... in connection with industrial management, must have become evident even to the most superficial observer. The more important are: (a) The widespread, ..."
6. Public Affairs Information Service Bulletin by Public Affairs Information Service (1920)
"See Insurance, Life industrial management. See Employment management; Factory management For references to current periodical literature on Industrial ..."
7. Industrial Organization and Management by Hugo Diemer (1915)
"Business and industrial management, as they have developed into sciences, have adopted certain words in a technical way in just the same manner as legal ..."