Definition of Index register
1. Noun. (computer science) a register used to determine the address of an operand.
Index Register Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Index Register Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Index Register
Literary usage of Index register
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Insurance Year Book by Spectator insurance yearbook (1894)
"The Double index register consists of a Time Index in the front and an Initial ... The Triple index register differs from the Double index register only in ..."
2. Auditing and Cost Accounts: Part I: Auditing by Seymour Walton, Stephen Warren Gilman (1911)
"index register of manufactured articles.—Figure 75, page 408, is a form for card index register of manufactured articles kept by the estimating clerk, ..."
3. The Weekly Reporter by David Sutherland, India High Court (Calcutta, India), Great Britain Privy Council. Judicial Committee (1892)
"index register OF ENGLISH CORRESPONDENCE. Department— General. a. and Title of Collection. File Subject..—Settlements. ..."
4. Proceedings of the National School of Dental Technics by American Institute of Dental Teachers (1897)
"The best scheme for this is the patient's index register, if the personal plan is used, ... The best patient's index register by far is the card index. ..."
5. Railway Management at Stations by Edmund B. Ivatts (1898)
"index register.—In some railway offices at large stations the ... To obviate this an index register over and above the ordinary registers should be kept, ..."
6. A Constitution for the Socialist Commonwealth of Great Britain by Sidney Webb, Beatrice Potter Webb (1920)
"They might then do what the national Government has not yet seen its way to accomplish, namely, institute such a Central index register, and such automatic ..."
7. Glimpses of the Cosmos by Lester Frank Ward (1913)
"index proper I had some conversation on the subject with Dr. Baker, and he suggested that I make an "index-register," ie, parallel columns for folio and ..."
8. Fingerprint Directories by Sir Francis Galton (1895)
"The other will be arranged in the classified index register. The arrangement of this index register will be tho same as M. ..."