Alternative terms for "In a circle"
In A Circle Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: In A Circle Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of In A Circle
Literary usage of In a circle
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of Greek Mathematics by Thomas Little Heath (1921)
"... equal regular hexagons in a circle in such a way that one is about the centre of the circle, while six others stand on its sides and have the opposite ..."
2. A Course in Mathematical Analysis by Edouard Goursat, Earle Raymond Hedrick (1916)
"a circle of radius R + \ a \ + 8, the series (7) would be convergent in a circle of radius R -f- S about the origin as center, contrary to the hypothesis. ..."
3. Nature by Norman Lockyer (1878)
"... either a corona formed of luminous particles arranged in a circle around the electrode (Fig. 8), an arc bordered with a fringe of brilliant rays (Fig. ..."
4. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"A polygon is said to be inscribed in a circle, and the circle is said to be circumscribed about the polygon, if the vertices of the polygon lie in the ..."
5. Southern Literary Messenger by Carnegie-Mellon University, School of Computer Science (1839)
"... are wholly different from those of a circle': but are we to be charged with stupidity when we assert that the nail revolves in a circle about the axle ? ..."
6. Journal by Royal Society of Arts (Great Britain) (1858)
"Investigate the conditions under which a lateral figure which can be inscribed in a circle c have a circle inscribed in it. 7. ..."