Definition of Impulse-buy
1. Verb. Buy on impulse without proper reflection.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Impulse-buy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Impulse-buy
Literary usage of Impulse-buy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. John Ruskin, Social Reformer by John Atkinson Hobson (1904)
"Those who, under this humanitarian impulse, buy goods when they would not otherwise have bought them, and who, in the nature of the case, pay prices higher ..."
2. The Second Australasian Conference on Interactive Entertainment: Proceedings by Yusuf Pisan, SIGART. (2005)
"The smaller cost of development and product sizing encourages lower game pricing, and is in most cases in the "impulse buy" ($1-$20) range for users [20, ..."
3. The Power of Point-of-Purchase Advertising: Marketing at Retailby Robert Liljenwall by Robert Liljenwall (2004)
"... to motivating trial, consumer promotions can build demand, build brand awareness, generate an impulse buy, and even motivate multiple purchases. ..."
4. The Menopause, Hormone Therapy, and Women's Health by 52003012847, Office of Technology Assessment, United States, Congress (1992)
"She later told her father that the impulse buy must have been part of a menopausal phase and decided to put that on her license plate. ..."