Definition of Immunoglobulin M
1. Noun. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins; involved in fighting blood infections and in triggering production of immunoglobulin G.
Generic synonyms: Ig, Immune Gamma Globulin, Immune Globulin, Immune Serum Globulin, Immunoglobulin
Medical Definition of Immunoglobulin M
Immunoglobulin M Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Immunoglobulin M Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Immunoglobulin M
Literary usage of Immunoglobulin M
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Air Quality Criteria for Oxides of Nitrogenby Dennis J. Kotchmar by Dennis J. Kotchmar (1996)
"These immunoglobulins act to enhance macrophage functioning. immunoglobulin M is also present in the lower respiratory tract, but in low concentrations. ..."
2. Scienceby American Association for t by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"immunoglobulin M of the Mu chain fragment, 770 Byerly, LJ, et al.: Child studies (letters), heavy chain disease: intracellular origin 129 By ram, ET, ..."
3. Oxygen/Nitrogen Radicals and Cellular Injury edited by Kenneth B. Adler, Robert D. Devlin, Val Vallyathan (2000)
"Quiroga JA, Bosch O, Gonzalez R, Marriott E, Castillo I, Bartolomé J, Carreno V. immunoglobulin M antibody to hepatitis C virus during interferon therapy ..."
4. Nutrition and Development by Margaret R. Biswas, Per Pinstrup-Andersen (1985)
"Levels of immunoglobulin M (Igm) in cord blood of Latin American newborns of low socioeconomic status. Ecol. Food Nutrition 3, 1. ..."
5. Nutrient Composition of Rations for Short-term, High-intensity Combat Operations by Fnb, Institute of Medicine (U. S.), High-stress Situations, Committee on Military Nutrition Research, National Academy of Sciences (2005)
"... stress Immunoglobulin A Immunoglobulin E Insulin-like growth factor 1 immunoglobulin M Interleukin Inducible nitric oxide synthase Institute of Medicine ..."
6. Manual of Microbiologic Monitoring of Laboratory Animals edited by Kim Waggie (1994)
"Both immunoglobulin M and G are elicited after infection with hantaviruses, and measuring of each separately may allow differentiation between recent and ..."
7. Diabetes in America by Ronald Aubert (1996)
"D'Alessio DJ: A case-control study of group B Coxsackie virus immunoglobulin M antibody prevalence and HLA-DR antigens in newly diagnosed cases of ..."