Definition of Immediate memory
1. Noun. What you can repeat immediately after perceiving it.
Immediate Memory Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Immediate Memory Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Immediate Memory
Literary usage of Immediate memory
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of Mental and Physical Tests by Guy Montrose Whipple (1915)
"TABLE 115 Correlations it-i1h Amalgamated Results of immediate memory Tests RELATED TEST (After Burt) RAW CORRELATIONS Elem. Sch. Prep. ..."
2. The Psychology of Childhood by Naomi Norsworthy, Mary Theodora Whitley (1918)
"immediate memory AND RETENTION. — To distinguish further between the different usages of the term, we may recall from general psychology that it may stand ..."
3. Talks to Teachers on Psychology: And to Students on Some of Life's Ideals by William James (1900)
"... and among these what we may call immediate memory admits of easy measurement. All we need do is to exhibit to the child a series of letters, syllables, ..."
4. The Monist by Hegeler Institute (1915)
"previously given in sense, since otherwise immediate memory would not give ... Hence, by our usual criterion, since immediate memory is intrinsically ..."
5. The Economy and Training of Memory by Henry Jackson Watt (1911)
"immediate memory. THERE are things which are learnt as soon as heard. ... The power of such immediate memory differs slightly in different people, ..."
6. Health Consequences of Smoking: Nicotine Addiction a Report of the Surgeon by C. Everett Koop, M.D., DIANE Publishing Company (1988)
"... immediate memory In a study of immediate memory (Williams 1980), subjects were tested within 15 min after smoking one cigarette. ..."
7. How to Teach by George Drayton Strayer, Naomi Norsworthy (1917)
"Memory has been classified in various ways, according to the time element, as immediate and permanent. immediate memory is the one which holds for a short ..."
8. The Psychology of Learning: An Advance Text in Educational Psychology by William Henry Pyle (1921)
"Watkins, SH, immediate memory and its evaluation, BJP, VII, 1914-15, 319. ... immediate memory in school children, BJP, II, 1906, 52. ..."