Definition of Hypophysectomized
1. Adjective. Having the pituitary gland removed by surgery. "Hypophysectomized tadpoles"
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hypophysectomized Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hypophysectomized
Literary usage of Hypophysectomized
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"and Kragt (4), on the other hand, ed partial restoration of growth (46%) ung (37-day-old) hypophysectomized t) 9 rats bearing a single subcutaneous iry for ..."
2. Practice of Medicine by Frederick Tice (1921)
"TWELVE MONTHS OLD hypophysectomized DOG (Left) AND CONTROL OP SAME LITTER ... In hypophysectomized dog, note marked osseous underdevelopment of long bones, ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1916)
"On June 6 the operated but not hypophysectomized animals had an average length ... From then on the contrast in pigmentation between the hypophysectomized ..."
4. The Journal of Experimental Medicine by Rockefeller University, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1922)
"Another series of guinea pigs with normal controls, partially hypophysectomized controls, and operation controls was immunized to hen red blood corpuscles ..."
5. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1919)
"... proves conclusively that the silvery appearance of the hypophysectomized ... silvery (hypophysectomized, under influence of pars intermedia extract). ..."
6. The Pituitary Body and Its Disorders: Clinical States Produced by Disorders by Harvey Cushing (1912)
"A, the largest of the three, was hypophysectomized, all but a fragment of the pars anterior being removed; B was fed daily upon whole gland extract; C, ..."
7. International Medical and Surgical Surveyby American Institute of Medicine by American Institute of Medicine (1922)
"The blood of the hypophysectomized and of the control animals revealed no changes, ... The calcium content was decreased in the hypophysectomized dogs, ..."