2. Noun. (plural of hummer) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hummers
1. hummer [n] - See also: hummer
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hummers Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hummers
Literary usage of Hummers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Sport of bird-study: A Book for Young Or Active People by Herbert Keightley Job (1908)
"The goatsuckers perch along a branch because their feet are too weak to clasp it easily, and the swifts can only cling, while the hummers, though they can ..."
2. Pathway to Western Literature by Nettie Stewart Gaines (1910)
"The large brown hummers probably stop in the valley only on their way north, but the little black- chinned ones make their home there, and the big spreading ..."
3. Citizen Bird: Scenes from Bird-life in Plain English for Beginners by Mabel Osgood Wright (1897)
"... CHAPTER XXI hummers AND CHIMNEY SWEEPS THE RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRD "!T won't be dark for a long time yet," said Dodo, after they had driven silently ..."