2. Noun. (British slang) a beer enthusiast ¹
3. Noun. A home brewer. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hophead
1. a drug addict [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hophead Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hophead
Literary usage of Hophead
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary, Practical, Theoretical, and Historical, of Commerce and by John Ramsey McCulloch, Vethake, Henry (1852)
"... provided inch outward pack- д hophead, caik, cheat, or cate, аЫ contain 450 Ibt. nelt at leut, and unlm the particular weight of tobacco or snuff ¡n ..."
2. Private Letters of Edward Gibbon (1753-1794) by Edward Gibbon, Henry North Holroyd Sheffield (1897)
"Good Madeira is now become essential to my health and reputation. May your hophead prove as good as the last; may it not be intercepted by the rebels or the ..."
3. Jamieson's Dictionary of the Scottish Language: In which the Words are by John Jamieson, John Johnstone (1867)
"A barrel for holding oat-meal." Vail. Encycl. A corr. of hophead, as the hogshead is often named in S. Teut. ..."
4. The Registers of Baptisms, Marriages & Burials Solemnized in the Ancient by Elsdon, Eng. (Parish) (1903)
"... Thomas Humble of Elsdon Pauper Margaret ye Wife of James Purvis of ye hophead John ye Son of James & Margaret Purvis of ye ..."
5. Hudson County Facts: Winter 2006 by Anthony Olszewski (2006)
"Some hophead threw a rock through the window, jumped in and popped right out with the change drawer. He took off like a bat outta hell. ..."