Definition of Hook up with
1. Verb. Take in marriage. "Sam and Sue hook up with"
Generic synonyms: Unify, Unite
Specialized synonyms: Inmarry, Mismarry, Wive, Wive, Intermarry, Remarry
Related verbs: Marry, Splice, Tie, Wed
Derivative terms: Marriage, Married, Wedding
Hook Up With Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hook Up With Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hook Up With
Literary usage of Hook up with
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Book of Radio: A Complete, Simple Explanation of Radio Reception and by Charles William Taussig (1922)
"... gap—Synchronous rotary gap— Nonsynchronous rotary gap—Open gap—Oscillation transformers—Transmitting key—Simple spark transmitting hook-up with ..."
2. Adventure Guide Inside Passage & Coastal Alaska by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2006)
"... flight to McNeil (check with the local charter companies), or you can hook up with one of the lodges that operates in the remote corners of the island. ..."
3. No Escape: Male Rape in U.S. Prisons by Joanne Mariner (2001)
"... go through the thing the guy wants, like... wearing tight jeans and etc. The prisoner one hook up with want you looking more like a woman than you do. ..."
4. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"... is attached to block, chain or anything which is to heave the hook up, with a weight hanging to it; the part opposite the point " (Smyth, sub voce). ..."
5. Adventure Guides Italian Riviera: San Remo, Portofino & Genoa by Amy Finley (2006)
"Rockstore also maintains a message board where experienced climbers can hook-up with partners for excursions. Mountain Biking An extensive network of trails ..."
6. All the Year Round by Charles Dickens (1874)
"The German minstrel's fiddle-string had touched a tender chord : away with sheep-hook, up with oak cudgel, off with wallet, and down like a wild deer he ..."