Definition of Hoistmen
1. hoistman [n] - See also: hoistman
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hoistmen Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hoistmen
Literary usage of Hoistmen
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Twelve-hour Shift in Industry by American Engineering Council (1922)
"But the lime hoistmen, under the new arrangement, were able to give sufficient help ... Thus taking the large kilns. the small kilns, and the lime hoistmen ..."
2. American Mine Accounting: Methods and Forms Employed by Leading Mining Companies by William Hurst Charlton (1912)
"... Drivers K. Cleaning up Wrecks C. Outside hoistmen L. Repairs to Haulage Signals D. Underground hoistmen M. Clearing Haulage Tracks E. Locomotive Men N. ..."
3. American Mine Accounting: Methods and Forms Employed by Leading Mining Companies by William Hurst Charlton (1912)
"... proportion J. Harness Repairs and Shoeing B. Drivers K. Cleaning up Wrecks C. Outside hoistmen L. Repairs to Haulage Signals D. Underground ..."
4. Coal Mining Costs by Adam Thomas Shurick (1922)
"Top men, per 8-hr. shift Fireman, per 8-hr. shift hoistmen, per 8-hr. shift Blacksmiths, per 8-hr. shift The cost of excavation was as follows: ..."
5. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1911)
"... sudden application of a brake, evidence held insufficient to show negligence concerning safety of the hoisting machinery or selection of the hoistmen. ..."
6. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1915)
"The 4-ton charge car is raised to the feed floor by means of an incline, the hoistmen raising and dumping the car. The lead from the furnaces is tapped into ..."
7. The Mineral Industry by Richard Pennefather Rothwell (1906)
"... $0.52; hoistmen, $0.52 to $0.60; blacksmiths and carpenters, $0.60; laborers, $0.37; women and boys (surface), $0.11 to $0.19. ..."