Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Heliman Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Heliman
Literary usage of Heliman
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1915)
"Hellbrunn, LV Measurement of oxidation in the sea-urchin egg. Science na 42:615-15 O 29 '15 heliman, ..."
2. The Gentleman's Magazine (1891)
"He, armed only with a heliman, or shield, has to defend himself from spears which are hurled at him with force and vengeful precision ..."
3. Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society by American Antiquarian Society (1889)
"A heliman that has stood the test of spears without splitting is considered a great acquisition. It is often painted grotesquely with a device remotely ..."
4. The Christian Science Journal by Mary Baker Eddy (1907)
"10 AM to 3 PM 624 Herman W. heliman Bldg. Cox, Miss Mary E., CS 951 W. 87th Street. Douglass, Mrs. Emma S., CS 1081 W. 7th St. Downing, Mrs. Nancy, ..."
5. The Saturday Magazine (1836)
"... is thrown at him with extreme precision and vengeance, but they are all warded off by the heliman, with equal skill, great coolness, aud intrepidity. ..."