¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Headage
1. a subsidy payable to farmers [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Headage Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Headage
Literary usage of Headage
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Agricultural Policies in OECD Countries: Monitoring and Evaluation 2005 by OECD Staff (2005)
"European Union: Area and headage payment rates Note: Marketing year July/June for cereals and oilseeds; calendar year for beef and sheepmeat. 1. ..."
2. Agricultural Policies in Transition Economies: Trends in Policies and Supportby Centre for Co-operation with Non-members by Centre for Co-operation with Non-members (2002)
"These include some types of input subsidies, credit support, and general services, as well as area and headage payments. Estonia continues to refrain from ..."
3. Review of Agricultural Policies by Centre for Co-operation with Non-members (2001)
"Area and headage payments 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 Total area and headage payments, million S1T 17.2 133.8 141.3 6240 1845.0 ..."
4. Agricultural Trade and Poverty: Making Policy Analysis Count edited by Jonathan Brooks (2003)
"The increased emphasis on area and headage payments largely reflects the process of aligning domestic policies in these candidate countries with the Common ..."
5. Hampshire Allegations for Marriage Licences Granted by the Bishop of by William John Charles Moens, Church of England Diocese of Winchester (1893)
"MARTIN, George, of Winchester, 24, b., & Mary headage, 20, sp., with c. of her f., John headage, of Winchester, at St. Maurice, Cathedral Church, ..."
6. Proceedings of the Sixth Meeting of the Task Force on Shielding Aspects of by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2004)
"While input subsidies continue to be the most important component of support in the majority of monitored countries, a substantial shift to area and headage ..."
7. Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment: The Swedish Experience by Oecd, OECD. (1995)
"This section describes the role and impact of these two schemes. a) Income and headage payments Three different types of direct payments were used between ..."
8. Organic Agriculture: Sustainability, Markets, and Policies by OECD (2003)
"Importance of the CAP: direct payments to farms 3 Agri-env. support for organic farming J] Other agri-environmental payments Livestock headage payments ..."