Definition of Harold nicolson
1. Noun. English diplomat and author (1886-1968).
Generic synonyms: Diplomat, Diplomatist, Author, Writer
Harold Nicolson Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Harold Nicolson Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Harold Nicolson
Literary usage of Harold nicolson
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lord Lothian and Anglo-American Relations, 1939-1940 by David Reynolds (1983)
"While many of the British elite adopted a condescending attitude to what Harold Nicolson once called "the eternal superficiality of the American race,"10 ..."
2. Power in Transition: The Peaceful Change of International Order by Charles Kupchan (2001)
"On the Congress, see harold nicolson, The Congress of Vienna, ... In the words of harold nicolson, the Prussians were out for "revenge and loot," See ..."
3. Diplomat's Dictionary by Charles W. Freeman, Jr. (1995)
"Arthur Nicolson, quoted by his son, harold nicolson War, termination of: "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it." George Orwell War, termination ..."
4. The Anschluss Movement, 1918-1919, and the Paris Peace Conference by Alfred D. Low (1974)
"harold nicolson of the Foreign Office then added the marginal comment: "It is no use going on crying as to sending troops when we have none to spare" (ibid. ..."
5. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1922)
"Purple Springs. Nellie L. McClung. Sweet Waters. Hon. harold nicolson. The Backsliders. Wrn. Lindsey. The Romance of Fiddler's Green. Clara Endicott Sears. ..."
6. Isaiah Berlin's Counter-Enlightenment by Joseph Mali, Robert Wokler (2003)
"In particular, there are two excellent biographies—a truly elegant one by Harold Nicolson, and a much more detailed recent volume by Dennis Wood.3 For our ..."
7. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1844)
"Many, many years were to elapse before Mr. Duff Cooper and Mr. Anthony Eden, Mr. harold nicolson and ..."