2. Verb. Selected with great care or by insiders or an individual. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Handpicked
1. handpick [v] - See also: handpick
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Handpicked Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Handpicked
Literary usage of Handpicked
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mechanically Inclined: Building Grammar, Usage, and Style Into Writer's Workshop by Jeff Anderson (2005)
"We try another from Hosseini's The Kite Runner: Intricate mosaic tiles, handpicked by Baba in Isfahan, covered the four floors of the four bathrooms, (p. ..."
2. Commercial Arbitration: Being a Compilation of Awards of Arbitration by Horace Arthur Dunn, Henry Probasco Dimond (1922)
"Subsequently Seller presented Seattle Chamber of Commerce certificates Nos. 13663 and 13664 which classified the beans as handpicked ..."
3. Sessional Papers by Ontario Legislative Assembly (1917)
"There is handpicked from the ore about 2.~> per cent, of rock, and this handpicked product still contains about 14 per cent, of silica. ..."
4. Report by Tasmania Dept. of Mines (1902)
"This has been spalled up and handpicked, and the greater part of the wolfram taken away. The country-reck is here also ..."