¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Habanero
1. a hot chili pepper [n -ROS]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Habanero Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Habanero
Literary usage of Habanero
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya Alive by Bruce Conord (2005)
"Despite having a habanero pepper 20 times hotter than the jalapeno of northern ... Always ask if the dish of salsa offered contains habanero before scooping ..."
2. Abbreviations of Titles of Medical Periodicals to be Used in the Subject (1878)
"habanero, Habana. Repert Med.-habanero, Habana. ... with which it was united Oct. 1,1843, forming the following:] Repertorio Médico-habanero y Boletín Oient ..."
3. The Triumph [of] Yankee Doodle by Gilson Willets (1898)
"All the dances were round dances and among them was the 'habanero,' but the ... The movement is very graceful until you see the habanero in a mixed ..."
4. Cuba in 1851: Containing Authentic Statistics of the Population, Agriculture by Alexander Jones (1851)
"After the Falcon stopped, the officers of the habanero cheered as if they had gained a glorious victory. This is the third time the Falcon has been served ..."
5. Incidents of Travel in Yucatan by John Lloyd Stephens (1848)
"We then gave him half a cup of habanero, some plantains and a cigar, and, as the dew was heavy, told him to sit by the fire. When he had finished these we ..."
6. The Congressional Globe by United States Congress, Francis Preston Blair, John Cook Rives, George A. Bailey, Franklin Rives (1853)
"... this cours* durine the investigation of the twelve ; and on the arrivai of the thirty nine, from on the brig habanero, on the said . ..."