Definition of H
1. Noun. A nonmetallic univalent element that is normally a colorless and odorless highly flammable diatomic gas; the simplest and lightest and most abundant element in the universe.
Specialized synonyms: Tritium
Generic synonyms: Chemical Element, Element, Gas
Substance meronyms: H2o, Water
Derivative terms: Hydrogenate
2. Noun. A unit of inductance in which an induced electromotive force of one volt is produced when the current is varied at the rate of one ampere per second.
3. Noun. The constant of proportionality relating the energy of a photon to its frequency; approximately 6.626 x 10^-34 joule-second.
Generic synonyms: Constant Of Proportionality, Factor Of Proportionality
4. Noun. The 8th letter of the Roman alphabet.
Generic synonyms: Alphabetic Character, Letter, Letter Of The Alphabet
5. Noun. (thermodynamics) a thermodynamic quantity equal to the internal energy of a system plus the product of its volume and pressure. "Enthalpy is the amount of energy in a system capable of doing mechanical work"
Generic synonyms: Physical Property
Category relationships: Thermodynamics
Definition of H
1. Letter. (Latn-def en letter 8 aitch) ¹
2. Number. (Latn-def en ordinal 8 aitch) ¹
3. Noun. (slang) A street term for heroin. ¹
4. Noun. (baseball) hits Hits, the number of hits by a given batter in a given season. ¹
5. Noun. (British) A grade of pencil with lead that makes lighter marks than a pencil grade HB but darker marks than a pencil of grade 2H; a pencil with hard lead. ¹
6. Noun. Hentai. ¹
7. Letter. (Latn-def en letter 8 aitch) ¹
8. Number. (Latn-def en ordinal 8 aitch) ¹
9. Initialism. (baseball) the statistic reporting the number of hits by a player ¹
10. Initialism. (slang) heroin ¹
11. Initialism. (computing) hexadecimal (following a number) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of H
1. Abbreviation or symbol for hyperopia or hyperopic; horizontal; Hauch; Holzknecht unit; henry, unit of electrical inductance; hydrogen; the Fraunhofer line at lambda 3968 due to calcium; histidine; magnetic field strength; heroin. Symbol for enthalpy, heat content, in the equation for free energy. Symbol for hecto-; height; hour. Symbol for Planck's constant; h = h/2π. H+ is the symbol for hydrogen ion, the proton. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: H Images