Definition of Guilt feelings
1. Noun. Remorse caused by feeling responsible for some offense.
Generic synonyms: Compunction, Remorse, Self-reproach
Specialized synonyms: Survivor Guilt
Derivative terms: Guilty
Guilt Feelings Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Guilt Feelings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Guilt Feelings
Literary usage of Guilt feelings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Treatment Services for Adolescent Substance Abusers by Alfred S. Friedman (1998)
"Experiencing guilt feelings has effects on the behavior of adolescents in the ... Disclosure of real and imagined guilt feelings is encouraged in groups, ..."
2. The Making of the American Citizenry: An Introduction to Political Socialization by Michael P. Riccards (1973)
"The authors conclude that the middle class in our society, and in the West generally, has a stronger average tendency toward guilt feelings than either the ..."
3. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"Etiologic factors often include guilt feelings surrounding sex generally or guilt feelings with specific sexual partners. Religious prohibitions, a previous ..."
4. Voices of Perfectionism: Perfectionistic Gifted Adolescents in a Rural by Patricia A. Schuler (2000)
"Shame and guilt feelings Hamachek (1978) defined the difference between shame and guilt. Shame is the feeling of not living up to another's expectations, ..."
5. You Can Choose to Be Happy: "Rise Above" Anxiety, Anger, and Depression by Tom G. Stevens (1998)
"... his relationships, and his whole life. His masturbation caused guilt feelings, then he would masturbate again to cover up the guilt feelings, etc. ..."
6. Victimization: Nature and Trends by Willem Johannes Schurink (1992)
"The magnitude of the tragedy was so great that the father was unable to live with it, particularly as he experienced severe guilt feelings about his role in ..."
7. Capital (1888)
"And they will not resist effectively unless they rid themselves of unwarranted feelings of guilt for Third World poverty : for guilt feelings inspire ..."