Definition of Granadillo
1. Noun. West Indian tree yielding a fine grade of green ebony.
Terms within: Cocoswood, Cocuswood, Granadilla Wood
Generic synonyms: Tree
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Granadillo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Granadillo
Literary usage of Granadillo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Human Rights in Guatemala During President de León Carpio's First Year by Human Rights Watch/Americas (1994)
"Diego granadillo Juarez was detained by the police but released after two days when his lawyer presented an alibi. ..."
2. Wood: A Manual of the Natural History and Industrial Applications of the by George Simonds Boulger (1908)
"See also granadillo. Rosewood, Moulmein, probably a species of ... See Umbrella-tree. Rosewood, West Indian. Sec granadillo. ..."
3. Wood: A Manual of the Natural History and Industrial Applications of the by George Simonds Boulger (1902)
"See also granadillo. Rosewood, Moulmein, probably a species of ... See Umbrella-tree. Rosewood, West Indian. See granadillo. ..."
4. Colombia: Being a Geographical, Statistical, Agricultural, Commercial, and by Alexander Walker (1822)
"The Creoles call the black ebony, ebano; yellow, palo amarillo; the red, granadillo. Minute accuracy obliges us to observe, that from one of those causes ..."
5. New Granada: Twenty Months in the Andes by Isaac Farwell Holton (1857)
"P. ligularis ; curuba en Cauca, 180 ; granadillo. 130. Screen of Passiflora, 501. ... Bucida capitata ; granadillo, 285. Laguncularia racemosa, 31. ..."