Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Goodsire Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Goodsire
Literary usage of Goodsire
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of the Troubles and Memorable Transactions in Scotland, in the by John Spalding (1829)
"Thus in three years space the goodsire, son, and oy, died. It is said this young man's father willed him to be good to Mary Innes his spouse, and to pay all ..."
2. Supplement to the Dictionary of the Decisions of the Court of Session by Mungo Ponton Brown, William Maxwell Morison, Scotland Court of Session (1826)
"And as to that that the father was heir, served to the goodsire, ... so that if any oy have accepted a right from the goodsire, for love and favour, ..."
3. The Decisions of the Court of Session: From Its First Institution to the by Scotland Court of Session, William Maxwell Morison (1811)
"... at least that the apparent heir had continued in his goodsire's possession, without which having no title in his own person, nor possession, ..."
4. The Grange of St. Giles, the Bass: And the Other Baronial Homes of the Dick by Jane Stewart Smith (1898)
"This Alexander Elois had a son called Patrick after his goodsire, ... so called after his goodsire, Patrick's father, and to whom he gave the Lands of ..."
5. Commentaries on Colonial and Foreign Laws: Generally, and in Their Conflict by William Burge (1838)
"(a) But in the like case the apparent heir was suffered to renounce to be heir to his goodsire, except as to those lands which his ..."
6. The Library of Romance: A Collection of Traditions, Poetical Legends, and by Charles Dickens (1837)
"My goodsire scarce listened to this, but spurred his horse, with " Gude e'en to you, ... At last my goodsire, Steenie Steen- son, grew half angry; and, ..."