Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gongoristic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gongoristic
Literary usage of Gongoristic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Spanish Literature: A Primer by James Fitzmaurice-Kelly (1922)
"Still briefer was the career of another gongoristic poet, Juan de Tarsis, second Conde de Villamediana (14) (1582 PI&22), the alleged lover of the Spanish ..."
2. A History of Spanish Literature by James Fitzmaurice-Kelly (1898)
"... (1635) in answer to the censures of the learned Francisco de Cascales ; Pellicer preached the gongoristic gospel in his Lecciones solemnes (1630); ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"... gongoristic verbiage, and was committed to prison. He was soon released, grew rapidly in reputation аз a playwright, and, on the death of Lope de Vega ..."
4. Brazilian Literature by Isaac Goldberg (1922)
"The language is not the gongoristic extravagance of the Academicians; it is modern, even contemporary, grandiloquent in the Spanish style. ..."
5. Hispanic Anthology by Thomas Walsh (1920)
"His verse is simple and natural with an occasional lapse into the gongoristic style. His poems are to be found in the Biblioteca de ..."