Definition of Goldmark
1. Noun. United States inventor (born in Hungary) who made the first TV broadcast in 1940 and invented the long-playing record in 1948 and pioneered videocassette recording (1906-1977).
Generic synonyms: Artificer, Discoverer, Inventor
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Goldmark Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Goldmark
Literary usage of Goldmark
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard Operaglass: Detailed Plots of the Celebrated Operas, with by Charles Annesley (1904)
"... ON THE HEARTH Opera in three acts by CARL goldmark Text after Dickens'8 tale by M. ... With this opera goldmark has entered a novel way in composing. ..."
2. The Victor Book of the Opera by Henry William Simon (1915)
"Music by goldmark. First production 1875, in Vienna. ... For this text goldmark furnished some of the most beautiful and sensuous music in the entire range ..."
3. The Victrola Book of the Opera: Stories of the Operas with Illustrations by Samuel Holland Rous, Victor Talking Machine Company (1921)
"Music by goldmark. First production 1875, in Vienna. In New York, December 2, 1885, with Lehmann and Fischer. English version given by the National Opera ..."
4. The Victor Book of the Opera: Stories of One Hundred Operas with Five by Samuel Holland Rous, Victor Talking Machine Company (1913)
"Music by goldmark. First production 1875, in Vienna. In New York 1885, ... For this text goldmark furnished some of the most beautiful and sensuous music in ..."
5. Minutes and Testimony of the Joint Legislative Committee Appointed to by New York (State), Legislature (1916)
"Miss Pauline goldmark is called to the witness stand and sworn. Mr. Moss. ... Miss goldmark reads statement from memorandum put in evidence as Exhibit 5. ..."
6. The Standard Operaglass: Detailed Plots of One Hundred and Fifty-five by Charles Annesley, James Huneker (1910)
"... Opera in three acts by CARL goldmark Text after Dickens's tale by M. WILLNER ... this opera goldmark has entered a novel wiy in composing. ..."
7. The Opera: A Sketch of the Development of Opera : with Full Descriptions of by Richard Alexander Streatfeild (1897)
"... XIII MODERN GERMAN AND SLAVONIAN OPERA CORNELIUS—GOETZ—goldmark—HUMPERDINCK—SMETANA —GLINKA THE history of music furnishes more than one instance of the ..."