Medical Definition of Glutaeus
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Glutaeus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Glutaeus
Literary usage of Glutaeus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cunningham's Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham, Arthur Robinson (1914)
"This covers the anterior part of the glutaeus medius, and is firmly attached ... It stands in marked contrast with the deep fascia over the glutaeus maximus ..."
2. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1913)
"glutaeus maximus. Obturator interims. glutaeus medius. ... The glutaeus maximus, the most superficial muscle in the gluteal region, is a broad and thick ..."
3. The Anatomy of the Human Body by John Bell, Charles Bell (1802)
"... of the ilium not occupied by the glutaeus major. It, like the other, is a fan-formed ... glutaeus ..."
4. Manual of practical anatomy, v.2 by Daniel John Cunningham (1914)
"This covers the .anterior part of the glutaeus medius, and is firmly ... It stands in marked contrast with the deep fascia over the glutaeus maximus, ..."
5. Atlas for Electro-diagnosis and Therapeutics by François Miramond de Laroquette (1921)
"Extensor of the thigh and the foot. Nerve : inferior gluteal. Motor point : middle of the buttock. NCCon.=8; PCCon.=i3-5. glutaeus ..."
6. A Laboratory Manual of Human Anatomy by Lewellys Franklin Barker, Dean De Witt Lewis, Daniel Graisberry Revell (1904)
"Pull the M. glutaeus maximus well outward and divide its aponeurosis of insertion downward for a distance of five to seven centimetres. ..."