Definition of Glib-tongued
1. Adjective. Artfully persuasive in speech. "A smooth-tongued hypocrite"
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Glib-tongued Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Glib-tongued
Literary usage of Glib-tongued
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of Hearings on H. R. 17530, to Prevent the Manufacture and Sale of by United States, Committee on the District of Columbia, Congress, House (1908)
"While this is done to protect us from the aspersions cast upon us by this "glib-tongued attorney," we would also be glad to aid your committee in the line ..."
2. Lun-hêng by Chʻung Wang, Alfred Forke (1907)
"The Master said, "It is on this account that I hate your glib-tongued people."' Tse IM knew that one must not give an inconsiderate answer in order to have ..."
3. The Minnesota Horticulturist by Minnesota State Horticultural Society (1906)
"They say he is "glib tongued," sauve mannered," "well dressed, etc. ... Nurserymen want a glib tongued fellow, and the glibber he is, the harder they want ..."
4. Suomalais-englantilainen sanakirja by Severi Alanne (1919)
"sleek, slick, smooth; ~ hielt glib (1. smooth) tongue. -kielinen glib-tongued, smooth-tongued; flippant; ..."