2. Noun. (plural of glade) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Glades
1. glade [n] - See also: glade
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Glades Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Glades
Literary usage of Glades
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A General Collection of the Best and Most Interesting Voyages and Travels in by John Pinkerton (1812)
"... in the woods, on high glades, and old corn fields. 6. Acer rubrum, the maple tree with red ... American elder tree, along the hedges and on glades. IG. ..."
2. The United States Democratic Review by Conrad Swackhamer (1850)
"THE CEDAR glades. С HAPTEK I. " AND that was the end of the Halls?" said Julia. ... Well, do tell all about ' the Cedar glades/ and ' the ..."
3. Forty-four Years of the Life of a Hunter: Being Reminiscences of Meshach by Meshach Browning, Edward Stabler (1859)
"... and kills another Bear and a Wild Turkey —Camps in the Woods — Goes to the Green glades to make Hay and Hunt —Mode of Glade-Hunting — Feeding Stock in ..."
4. Portugal, Its Land and People: Its Land and People by William Henry Koebel (1909)
"... forest —A park-like scene—Some wolf stories—A summer stream—Corn amidst the glades—The cork harvest—Stripping the trees—The appearance of the trunks—The ..."
5. Garrett County by Maryland Geological Survey, Geological Survey (U.S.) (1902)
"In one case only has a stream of the glades district established its sources to the east of that ... THE SAVAGE VALLEY AND THE glades DISTRICT. TOPOGRAPHY. ..."