2. Noun. (''child speak'') girl ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Girly
1. girlie [n -LIES] - See also: girlie
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Girly Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Girly
|girls next door|
girly (current term)
Literary usage of Girly
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Introductory Third Reader by Walter Lowrie Hervey, Melvin Hix (1916)
"THE ELEPHANT girly-FACE Once upon a time a king had an elephant named ... Night after night girly-face could hear them talking and planning their robberies. ..."
2. Buddhist Birth Stories: Or Jātaka Tales. The Oldest Collection of Folk-lore by Thomas William Rhys Davids, Viggo Fausbøll (1880)
"But as the allusion is evidently to the elephant's naturally gentle character, I' have rendered the expression by ' girly-face.' The exaggeration in this ..."
3. Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain (2000)
"The very feature that keeps it alive in the South—girly-girly romance—would kill it in the North or in London. Puck and Punch, and the press universal, ..."