Definition of Ghanian
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Ghana.
2. Adjective. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ghana or its people or language. "Ghanaian cocoa production"
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ghanian Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ghanian
Literary usage of Ghanian
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1871)
"The first named species is characteristically northern, and little known in the southern part of the above defined Alle- ghanian fauna. ..."
2. A Collection of Treaties, Engagements, and Sanads Relating to India and ...by India Foreign and Political Dept by India Foreign and Political Dept (1892)
"Outrage committed by the — on the British village of ghanian Proposed restoration of ... Outrage committed by the — on the British village of ghanian . ..."
3. New England Bird Life: Being a Manual of New England Ornithology by Winfrid Alden Stearns, Elliott Coues (1881)
"But, characteristic as the species is of the first-named Fauna, it is nevertheless known to nest in the Alle- ghanian. It was long ago noted bv Prof. ..."
4. International Business Practices (1993)
"The SGS is a Swiss firm which has been contracted by the ghanian ... FOREIGN INVESTMENT The ghanian government has initiated a privatization program through ..."
5. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1910)
"... Alle- ghanian and Carolinian, illustrated by a map shaded to indicate relative elevation, with cross-hatching in red and blue to demark the life zones; ..."