Definition of Genus dendrocolaptes
1. Noun. Type genus of the Dendrocolaptidae.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Dendrocolaptidae, Family Dendrocolaptidae
Genus Dendrocolaptes Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Dendrocolaptes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Dendrocolaptes
Literary usage of Genus dendrocolaptes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1890)
"D. ocellata described as Dendrocolaptes ocellatus; and D. tenuirostris (nee Licht.) described under the genus Dendrocolaptes. ....... Species 5. 1827. ..."
2. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1905)
"... monograph of the genus Dendrocolaptes,1" as the species was originally named by Lichtenstein,11 and the real type is, or should be, in the Berlin Museum ..."
3. The Annals and Magazine of Natural History by Taylor and Francis, William Jardine (1847)
"The genus Dendrocolaptes, as far as I have had opportunities of observing their habits, exactly resemble the woodpeckers, ascending the trees and searching ..."
4. Natural History of Birds by Philip Henry Gosse (1849)
"... and a decided approach to the following Order, connecting itself very obviously with the Woodpeckers, through the genus Dendrocolaptes on the one side, ..."
5. Memoirs of the Wernerian Natural History Society by Wernerian Natural History Society, Edinburgh, Wernerian Natural History Society (Edinburgh, Scotland) (1821)
"... under which name, by the way, two very distinct birds are placed. The Genus Dendrocolaptes of Illiger* (the ..."