Definition of Genus anthidium
1. Noun. Potter bees.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Family Megachilidae, Megachilidae
Member holonyms: Potter Bee
Genus Anthidium Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Anthidium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Anthidium
Literary usage of Genus anthidium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1897)
"BY TDA COCKERELL, MESILLA, NM The bee-genus Anthidium is not very well represented in New Mexico, the following being all yet observed. (1. ..."
2. Transactions of the American Entomological Society. by American Entomological Society (1887)
"The genus Anthidium contains some very handsome insects, and about thirty-five species are given in the list ; the £ abdomen is incurved at apex, ..."
3. The Cambridge Natural History by Arthur Everett Shipley, Sidney Frederic Harmer (1899)
"... species of the genus Anthidium. In other cases not the least resemblance exists between the parasites and hosts. Thus the species of Nomada that live at ..."
4. An Introduction to the Modern Classification of Insects: Founded on the by John Obadiah Westwood (1840)
"... as the species of Stelis, deposit their eggs in the nests of Anthidium, Megachile, Osmia, and Anthophora. In the genus Anthidium, the males (fig. 91. 1. ..."
5. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society by Linnean Society of London (1873)
"... JPM, Notes on a Solitary Bee allied to the genus Anthidium, 1 „it r.. . xxvii , Observations on the mode in which certain species of ..."
6. Entomological News and Proceedings of the Entomological Section of the by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Entomological Section (1912)
"This habit of securing cottony material for nidification appears to be a common one in the genus Anthidium, as several European species as well have such ..."