Definition of Genus Plasmodium
1. Noun. Type genus of the family Plasmodiidae.
Group relationships: Class Sporozoa, Sporozoa
Member holonyms: Malaria Parasite, Plasmodium, Plasmodium Vivax
Genus Plasmodium Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Plasmodium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Plasmodium
Literary usage of Genus Plasmodium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"Some authorities would include l^ai'crama in the genus Plasmodium, as differing only specifically from the other two forms. It has, moreover, been suggested ..."
2. Household Bacteriology for Students in Domestic Sciences by Estelle Denis Buchanan, Robert Earle Buchanan (1913)
"THE genus Plasmodium: Three species of protozoa are commonly included in the genus Plasmodium. These have been determined to be the specific causes of three ..."
3. Clinical Diagnosis: A Manual of Laboratory Methods by James Campbell Todd (1918)
"2. genus Plasmodium.—This genus includes the malarial parasites which have already been described (see pp. 349-362). ..."
4. The Animal Parasites of Man: A Handbook for Students and Medical Men by Maximilian Gustav Christian Carl Braun, Pauline Falcke, Louis Westenra Sambon, Frederick Vincent Theobald (1908)
"Besides, this species belongs to the genus Plasmodium. Within this genus there already exists a species, " malariae " (Laveran), the quartan parasite, ..."