Definition of Genus Pistia
1. Noun. One species: water lettuce.
Group relationships: Araceae, Arum Family, Family Araceae
Member holonyms: Pistia, Pistia Stratiotes, Pistia Stratoites, Water Cabbage, Water Lettuce
Genus Pistia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Pistia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Pistia
Literary usage of Genus Pistia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"... in 4-6 series: fr. baccate, irregularly breaking open, normally with many seeds. Botanically, the genus Pistia is unique. ..."
2. Maryland Geological Survey by Maryland Geological Survey (1916)
"Collection.—Maryland Geological Survey. Order ARALES Family ARACEAE Genus PISTIA Linne [Sp. PI., 1753, p. ..."
3. Reports Dealing with the Systematic Geology and Paleontology of Maryland by Maryland Geological Survey (1916)
"Deep Cut, Delaware; Grove Point, Cecil County, Maryland. Collection.—Maryland Geological Survey. Order ARALES Family ARACEAE Genus PISTIA Linne [Sp. PI., ..."
4. Annual Report and Proceedings of the Botanical Society by Botanical Society of Edinburgh (1841)
"of the genus Pistia, though they lead to what he considers an erroneous arrangement of this and ..."