Definition of Genus Cynopterus
1. Noun. A genus of Megachiroptera.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Megachiroptera, Suborder Megachiroptera
Member holonyms: Cynopterus Sphinx
Genus Cynopterus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Cynopterus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Cynopterus
Literary usage of Genus Cynopterus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Natural History of the Mammalia of India and Ceylon by Robert Armitage Sterndale (1884)
"genus Cynopterus. This genus has four molars less than the last, a shorter muzzle; the cheek-bones or zygomatic arch ..."
2. Catalogue of Mammalia in the Indian Museum, Calcutta by Indian Museum, John Anderson, William Lutley Sclater (1881)
"—Dobson. 96a. The skin of an adult male, No. 56A of Blyth's Catalogue. South Africa. Presented by ELLayard, Esq., 1859. genus Cynopterus. ..."
3. List of the Vertebrated Animals Now Or Lately Living in the Gardens of the by London Zoo (London, England), Philip Lutley Sclater (1883)
"20, 1881.. t1. Born in the Menagerie, May 2(>, 1882. /'. Born in the Menagerie, Oct. 19, 1882. i/'. Born in the Menagerie, Nov. 8, 1882. Genus CYNOPTERUS. ..."
4. Fasciculi Malayenses: Anthropological and Zoological Results of an by Nelson Annandale, Herbert C. Robinson (1903)
"This species differs from the other members of the genus Cynopterus by having only two incisors in the lower jaw. Measurements of the above specimen:—Head ..."
5. Proceedings by Zoological Society of London (1872)
"to which may be added the Mahratta country, Western and Northern India, thus exhibiting a very wide geographical range. Genus CYNOPTERUS. Characters. ..."