2. Verb. (third-person singular of gallop) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Gallops
1. gallop [v] - See also: gallop
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gallops Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gallops
Literary usage of Gallops
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Iliad of Homer by Homer, John Graham Cordery (1871)
"... Whilst free and far he gallops ; ev'n so near Show'd Menelaus to Antilochus, Albeit at first a full quoit-cast behind ; And fast was gaining, ..."
2. The Surprising Adventures of Baron Munchausen by Rudolph Erich Raspe, Thomas Seccombe, William Strang, J. B. Clark (1895)
"... and gallops into the kingdom of Loggerheads —A battle, in which the Baron fights the ... gallops ..."
3. The Sportsman's Dictionary: Or The Gentleman's Companion: for Town and ...Sports (1800)
"... that gallops falle, gallops with an unbecoming air, and incommodes the rider. GAME LAWS. ... gallops ..."
4. The Gentleman's Magazine (1876)
"CORPORAL DERVAL gallops HIS HOBBY. CORPORAL DERVAL was smoking rapidly, his face flushed all over to the crimson of a cock's comb, his black eyes burning, ..."
5. A Glossary: Or, Collection of Words, Phrases, Names, and Allusions to by Robert Nares, James Orchard Halliwell-Phillipps, Thomas Wright (1901)
"... trying to coax his master, calls him, Sometimes she gallops o'er a courtier's nose, And then he dreams of smelling out a ..."
6. The Story of My Childhood by Clara Barton (1907)
"... I blessed the baby lessons of the wild gallops among the beautiful colts. Various as were the topics of instruction pursued by my youthful teachers, ..."
7. Forest, Lake, and Prairie: Twenty Years of Frontier Life in Western Canada by John McDougall (1895)
"New surroundings—Plain Indians—Strange costumes— Glorious gallops—Father and party arrive. HERE I was to remain till father came across the plains, ..."