Definition of Galenites
1. galenite [n] - See also: galenite
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Galenites Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Galenites
Literary usage of Galenites
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Industrial Report on Lead, Zinc and Iron, Together with Notes on Shannon by Missouri Geological Survey, Charles P. Williams (1877)
"Careful analyses, made either by myself or under my direction,, were undertaken to determine the existence of antimony in the Missouri galenites, ..."
2. Lectures on Mineralogy: Delivered at the School of Mines, Columbia College by Thomas Egleston (1886)
"In the stratified galenites, the glass usually shows parts winch are lamellar and bluish, having the aspect ot -ordinary ..."
3. Publications by Tasmania Dept. of Mines (1881)
"... is where the principal (county of Devon) mining operations are being carried on, owing to the discovery of rich "galenites" in ore bodies more profusely ..."
4. A History of Chemistry from Earliest Times to the Present Day Being Also an by Ernst von Meyer (1906)
"At first an adherent of the old school of the galenites, he soon recognised its deficiencies, and turned to the doctrines of Paracelsus, accepting them, ..."