Definition of Francis hopkinson
1. Noun. American Revolutionary leader and patriot; a signer of the Declaration of Independence (1737-1791).
Francis Hopkinson Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Francis Hopkinson Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Francis Hopkinson
Literary usage of Francis hopkinson
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The National Portrait Gallery of Distinguished Americans: With Biographical by H. J. Herring, James Barton Longacre (1854)
"... is manifested by the following extract from the minutes of the board of trustees of May 20, 1766: "It was resolved, that as francis hopkinson, Esq., ..."
2. Library of Southern Literature by John Calvin Metcalf (1909)
"francis hopkinson SMITH [1838— J JOHN S. PATTON francis hopkinson SMITH was ... He is a descendant of that francis hopkinson whom Thomas Jefferson called ..."
3. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1898)
"francis hopkinson. Letter : United States.—Continental Navy Board. ... With a wood engraving, on India paper, of the Res. of francis hopkinson ..."
4. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1898)
"francis hopkinson. Letter : United States.—Continental Navy Board. ... With a wood engraving, on India paper, of the Res. of francis hopkinson Bordentown №. ..."
5. The Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by Isaac Smith Homans, William B. Dana (1842)
"There is a similarity between the history of Mr. francis hopkinson and his more distinguished son, which must strike the most casual observer. ..."
6. American Poetry by Percy Holmes Boynton, Howard Mumford Jones, George Wiley Sherburn, Frank Martindale Webster (1918)
"francis hopkinson (1737-1791) Hopkinson was born in Philadelphia, ... The Miscellaneous Essays and Occasional Writings of francis hopkinson, 3 vols. ..."