Definition of Four-ply
1. Adjective. Having a thickness made up of four layers or strands. "Four-ply yarns"
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Four-ply Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Four-ply
Literary usage of Four-ply
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Monist by Hegeler Institute (1916)
"Mr. Frederic A. Woodruff has sent us three original magic squares, one each of orders 8, 12 and 16. The two smaller squares Fig. 1. Fig. 2. are four-ply, ..."
2. The Century (1902)
""The city room has just ordered out an article with a four-ply head that we ... Have n't you something in reserve that will carry a four-ply at a pinch? ..."
3. Deep Well Drilling: The Principles and Practices of Deep Well Drilling, and by Walter Henry Jeffery (1921)
"... which gives the horsepower that a four ply belt one inch wide will transmit at that speed. Multiply this result by the width of the belt in question, ..."
4. Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1891)
"I have here a letter from the Washburn & Moen Manufacturing Company of Worcester, showing that they are using four-ply belts. I speak of that to show the ..."
5. Practical Shipbuilding: A Treatise on the Structural Design and Building of by A. Campbell Holms (1918)
"With built frames these rivets are four-ply (Fig. ... these three- and four-ply rivets are always of doubtful soundness, and, accordingly, ..."
6. Waterproofing Engineering for Engineers, Architects, Builders, Roofers and by Joseph Ross (1919)
"The waterproofing consist of a mat of four ply of burlap and one ply of felt thorough saturated and bonded together with waterproofing asphalt covered with ..."
7. Waterproofing Engineering for Engineers, Architects, Builders, Roofers and by Joseph Ross (1919)
"The waterproofing shall consist of a mat of four ply of burlap and one ply of felt thoroughly saturated and bonded together with waterproofing asphalt and ..."