Definition of For the first time
1. Adverb. The initial time. "When Felix first saw a garter snake"
For The First Time Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: For The First Time Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of For The First Time
Literary usage of For the first time
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Notes and Queries by Martim de Albuquerque (1857)
"shaved for the first time. Nero, in instituting his festival, shaved off his beard .... for the first time ..."
2. The Dictionary of National Biography by Sidney Lee (1909)
"Subsequently he made his first appearance in Bath, where, as everywhere, he was very popular. Othello for the first time in London, ..."
3. The Iliad of Homer by Homer, John Graham Cordery (1871)
"Most hotly ; and so furiously they fought, That thou hadst said that for the first time now Fresh and unwearied in the war they met. ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1897)
"While the German edition when it appeared was welcomed because of the mass of information which was here for the first time brought together in a single ..."
5. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"... then for the first time disclosed to view, was recognizable in the triumph of its advocates, as well as in the increased acrimony of it« opponents. ..."