Definition of Football team
1. Noun. A team that plays football.
Member holonyms: Line Backer, Linebacker, Field General, Quarterback, Signal Caller, Fullback, Halfback, Tailback, Wingback, Center, Guard, Tackle, End, Backfield, Secondary, Linemen
Generic synonyms: Squad, Team
Group relationships: Football League
Football Team Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Football Team Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Football Team
Literary usage of Football team
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Football Days: Memories of the Game and of the Men Behind the Ball by William Hanford Edwards (1916)
"... in headlines: "HEAD COACHES OF THE YALE football team OF 1888" "The head-coaches of the Yale team," says Corbin, "were really Mr. and Mrs. Walter Camp. ..."
2. Army and Navy Uniforms and Insignia: How to Know Rank, Corps and Service in by Dion Williams (1919)
"I found time to row in the inter- hospital race for two years and to play on the football team in the two years of which we won the inter- hospital football ..."
3. A Labrador Doctor: The Autobiography of Wilfred Thomason Grenfell . by Wilfred Thomason Grenfell (1919)
"... inter- hospital race for two years and to play on the football team in the two years of which we won the inter- hospital football cup. ..."
4. The why and how of Foreign Missions by Arthur Judson Brown (1908)
"... India “ 127 Medical Missions: Operating Room and Hospital, Madura, India “ 131 Military Company, Wu-chang, China “ i67 football team, Lahore, ..."