Definition of Football season
1. Noun. The season when football is played.
Football Season Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Football Season Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Football Season
Literary usage of Football season
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sport: Attempt at a Bibliography of Books and Periodicals Published During ...by C. M. van Stockum by C. M. van Stockum (1914)
"1333 Brooke (G H.) Story of a football season. 1907. ... Weekly during football season, each part. 1 d. 1378 Racing and Football Outlook, since 1909. ..."
2. Outing (1893)
"^REVIOUS Probably the conditions under which the various teams entered the football season last year were more favorable to a highly sustained period of ..."
3. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1906)
"Aftermath of the football season, 1905. RD Ря!пе. Outing. 47:497-500. Ja. '06. ... football season. 1908. Nation. 83: 455. N. 29, Whitney. Outing. ..."
4. Popular Science Monthly (1906)
"The others are treated in an academic way in occasional articles and editorials which are read by comparatively few people, but during the football season ..."
5. Journal of the Association of Military Surgeons of the United States by Association of Military Surgeons of the United States, Association of Military Surgeons of the United States Meeting (1905)
"The average weight of ninety of them at close of .last football season was 166 J^ Ibs. Their present average is 173 Ibs. In twenty-one the present weight is ..."